“Everybody can be great… because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
“As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands – one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.” ~ Audrey Hepburn
“There’s nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer.” ~ Jimmy Doolittle
“Every person can make a difference, and every person should try.” ~ John F. Kennedy
Do you have a love of history?
The Calvert County Historical Society is staffed exclusively by volunteers under the guidance of the director and an archivist. Volunteers are the life blood of our Society so we are always looking for more people who are interested in history.
Stop by! Call (410) 535-2452 or email using the form below, or at email@example.com to see how you may be able to help!
Email – I’d Like to Volunteer!
* clip relevant articles from newspapers and put them in appropriate files
* extract information from county assessment books
* catalogue and shelve incoming books
* organize, identify and catalogue slides and photos
* extract, organize and enter cemetery data into our cemetery database
* investigate newly discovered cemetery plots
* plant and maintain the garden
* improve and maintain the Linden landscape
* scan images
* maintain our computers and data network
* work in our gift shop
* provide tours of Linden
We need volunteer help with the following:
* Acknowledgement of gifts and donations
* House, garden and grounds maintenance
*Transcribing handwritten documents
*Researching family histories for out-of-the-area patrons
Volunteers are particularly needed on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Training is available and it is a marvelous opportunity to become more familiar with the history of Calvert County.